April showers bring...spring cleaning? Once that first hint of spring comes, it’s time to freshen up your home. This means devoting some time to a deep clean of your home. We want to make spring cleaning a little bit easier with a well-organized checklist for you to follow. As you begin cleaning, try focusing on one room at a time. This will have your house spotless in no time. Remember, there’s nothing better than coming home to a clean house!
- Sweep and mop your floors.
- Using the proper solution, wipe your walls and baseboards.
- Clean that dirty door, thoroughly.
- Vacuum your doormat.
- Organize those shoes and hang any jackets laying around.
- Clean that stovetop. If you have a gas stovetop, we recommend using ammonia, degreasers, or baking soda.
- Clean your oven. There are a variety of ways to do this, but to keep it simple we recommend using soap and water, baking soda, or a vinegar mixture.
- Clean your microwave.
- Throw away expired or old food in the pantry, refrigerator, or freezer.
- Clean your cabinets. Yes, remove all of your items and thoroughly clean each cabinet.
- Dust off the top of your refrigerator or other high appliances and cabinets.
- Wash all of your kitchen towels.
- Sweep and mop those beautiful floors.
- Dust off and polish your kitchen furniture.
- Vacuum your chair cushions.
- Dust and clean your light fixtures.
- Clean those windows to make them look like new.
- Sweep and mop your floor.
- If you have carpet, use soap and water to spot clean it.
- Polish and clean your furniture.
- Throw your slipcovers in the washing machine.
- Wash your throw blankets and pillows.
- Spot clean your furniture with soap and water or by using your vacuum.
- Dust off your ceiling fan.
- Clean your lampshades.
- Dust and clean your decor items.
- Thoroughly clean your remote controls.
- Vacuum your carpet or floor.
- Dust and clean your furniture.
- Go through your closet and remove any unused clothes. Donate them when you're done!
- Organize your closets using bins, baskets, and hangers.
- Wash all of your bedding sheets, pillow covers, blankets, etc.
- Flip that mattress.
- Wash your windows.
- Dust ceiling fans and lampshades.
- Mop or vacuum your floors.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Clean your air vents and filters.
- Replace all of your light bulbs that burned out
- Thoroughly clean door handles throughout your house.
You're all set! You have finished your spring cleaning and now have a spotless home. Spring is the perfect time to freshen up your home, and what better way to do that than with a little cleaning. Once you have your home clean and spotless, it's time to decorate for spring. Get some inspiration here that will have everyone feeling that spring fever in your home!
Need help with decorating tips? Choosing the right tree?Christmas Central Resources