Raisin Peanut Butter Bars
Recipe makes thirty two (32) bars.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups dark raisins
- 2 oz. (2 squares) semisweet baking chocolate
- Combine peanut butter and butter; stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into mixture, then stir in raisins.
- Spread batter in greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick or fork inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Place chocolate in small bowl. Microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes until melted, stirring every minute. Drizzle melted chocolate over top of bars and let cool. Enjoy!
White Christmas Fudge
Recipe makes thirty six (36) squares.
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 12 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, cranberries, or apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup toasted almond slices
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil. Mix confectioners sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Over medium heat, add butter and stirring constantly , bring to boil. Without stirring, boil constantly for 5 minutes.
- Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract. Stir then whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in dried cherries and toasted almonds. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Invert pan, peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares. Garnish as desired.
- *Tip: To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on cookie sheet with a rim. Bake in 350 F oven for 5-10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until they begin to brown and turn fragrant.
Pistachio Christmas Ribbon Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- 2/3 cup salted pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine butter, sugar and egg; beat until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread one-half of dough into 9 inch square pan. Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Spread jam to within 1/2 inch of edge. Add pistachios to remaining dough. Drop by spoonfuls over jam to cover.
- Bake 35 minutes until top is golden brown; cool. Cut into squares.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream together butter, 1 1/2 cup flour, and powdered sugar. Pat in a 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
- Bake 18 minutes at 350 F or 325 F if using a glass pan.
- Beat together the rest of the ingredients with a mixer and pour over crust. Bake an additional 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
An eye-opening orange flavor gives this elegant bar cookie some zing!
- 1/2 cup & 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coconut
Combine the 1/2 cup flour and the 1/4 cup sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press mixture into an un-greased 8" x 8" x 2" baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or just till golden
Combine eggs, the 3/4 cup sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, orange peel, orange juice, and baking powder in another medium mixing bowl. Beat 2 minutes with an electric mixer or till combined. Stir in coconut.
Pour coconut mixture over baked crust. Bake 20 minutes more or till edges are lightly browned and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16.