Joyce's Melted Ice Cream Cake
This is a cake with endless possibilities so let your imagination and your taste buds go wild with this one!
- 1 package (18.25 oz) Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 2 cups melted ice cream (any flavor but use high quality brand such as Ben and Jerry’s or Häagen-Dazs / 1pt size)
- 3 large eggs
- Blend ingredients in electric mixer: low for 1 minute/scrape bowl then mix for 2 minutes until thick: Optional: hand mix into mixture: 6 oz mini chocolate chips
- Bake 38-42 minutes in greased or sprayed Bunt pan at 350 degrees F.
- Cool 20 minutes, turn out,cool 30 minutes more
- Dust with confectioners sugar or frost
**For the Holidays we recommend trying Pistachio ice cream or any Holiday ice cream that comes out to give it that extra special Holiday touch. This cake will take on the flavor of the ice cream you use.
**You can also use a chocolate cake mix and pair it with chocolate ice cream.
- 1 package (18.25 oz) Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) butterscotch pudding
- 2 eggs
- Blend cake mix, butterscotch pudding and eggs electric mixer: low for 1 minute/scrape bowl then mix for 2 minutes until thick.
- Put into greased or sprayed 13" x 9" aluminum baking pan.
- Mix together brown sugar, butterscotch morsels, and chopped pecans. Top cake with this mixture.
- Bake 38-42 minutes at 350 degrees F.