Every year for Valentine’s Day, people seem to go through the traditional decorating route. They place a bouquet of flowers on a table, maybe hang up some hearts and cupids. This year, why not mix it up a bit? Below are a few different decorating ideas to bring a different feel to your Valentine’s Day decor:
1. DIY Valentine’s Mason Jar Candle Holder
The ever versatile mason jar can easily be used as a candle holder, but why not go one step further and turn your mason jar into a Valentine’s Day decoration? These DIY mason jar candle holders can be a great addition to your home decor, and can make great gifts as well!
Before you begin, you will need to make sure you have the following: mason jar, acrylic paint, a paintbrush, heart stickers, and a tealight candle.
- Take your heart stickers and place them wherever you’d like on your mason jar.
- Remove the jar lid and paint the outside of your jar with red, pink, or white acrylic paint. Before you begin painting, we would recommend that you spread out some old newspaper to catch any drips.
- Once the paint is dry, take a knife and slowly peel off the stickers from your jar.
- If you’d like, you can decorate the top of your jar by tying string or ribbon around it.
- Simply add a tealight candle and you’re all set!
2. Valentines Day Tree
Just because the Christmas season is over doesn't mean that you have to wait a whole year to see another Christmas tree. With its white branches and pink lights, this beautiful tree would be a wonderful addition to your Valentine’s Day decor. It is small enough to be placed on a table, but big enough to catch the eye of anyone that walks into the room.
You could also use a tree to hold your Valentine’s Day cards! Poke a hole into your Valentine’s Day cards and tie a ribbon through each one. Then, you can use them as ornaments to decorate your tree!
3. Valentine’s Day Wreath
You can also enjoy a beautiful wreath for Valentine’s Day. We have plenty of pre-decorated options available to save you time. With its heart shaped design, you can hang this Valentine’s Day wreath in your home to give a nice pop of color to any room!
Want some more decorating ideas? We have plenty of other Valentine’s Day decor to choose from. Take a look at our Valentine’s Day section to find the perfect decorations for your home!